Tech Edge WBO2 Forum Forum Index Tech Edge WBO2 Forum
For Tech Edge Wideband O2 Equipment

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No status light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetboatkarl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: No status light Reply with quote

Hi there just connected my 2CO and it doesn't work

The green power LED is lit and the orange heater LED is lit, the oxygen sensor is heating up so the heater is working, the display shows nDa and the red status light is off.

Any ideas what I should do?

cheers

Karl
Thomas
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karl.
Did you check if you can get connection to the 2CO via the WBUTIL software? If you get any connection at all, the CPU is "alive" which is a good starting point Smile
If anything is wrong with your unit you can (most likely) notice this in the "Calibration" tab of the WBUTIL software. The dot in the square should move somewhere in the middle. If it gets stuck at the frame of the claibration-window, there is something basically wrong.
However: The amber LED (Heater status) only should stay on during the initial heatup sequence direct after powering up the unit. It should change to a faint flicker once the sensor has reached his operating temperature. Does this work?
Hm, strange.
Are you sure that the jumper are set correctly and the correct firmware is flashed on the unit? (Depending on if you are using a LSU4.2 or 4.9 sensor).
If you didn't do it, re-flashing with the appropriate firmware (the right *.hxf File, depending on the sensor you use) would be a good idea. I had several units that arrived with a corrupted memory content. Re-flashing used to cure the issue in all cases (except of one, but in this case TE provided me with a new LD02b CPU).
I know that there is some bug with the operation of the red LED on the 2Y1 DIY unit. For the 2CO unit I have no clue at the moment.
But I've a car equipped with a 2CO. I could check it within a week if this is of any help for you?
Regards,
Thomas
jetboatkarl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Thomas!

The unit is a 2COB which I have had running for a couple if years. Been used to tune both cars and race boats. Is currently on my marathon jetboat (Toyota 2jzgte)

The green led is on solid and so is the heater led, no flickering, the status is unlit and I cannot communicate via WBUTIL, also the display shows nDA on my remote unit

The sensor is getting really hot, so it appears the heater circuit is operating on full power.

Both the green and orange led's stay lit with or without sensor connected.

I have had problems with the battery voltage dipping below 8.5 on start up as it is a new motor and quite tight however, i wonder if this has killed it.
Thomas
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
What you describe sounds like the content of your 2CO's CPU got corrupted.
This most likely happens due to a power glitch. The ATMEGA CPUs used by TE are really robust. But voltage spikes can be really nasty. They work somehow like the neuralyzer in "Man in Black". *ZIOUUU* and your CPU has loss of memory due to total amnesia.
I managed this 1x years ago. The 2CO kept 100% functional but "forgot" its voltage output lookup table.
I would try to reflash the firmware. I suppose that this most likely will not work and you will have to use the "Boot jumper" for re-flashing. But 1st of all I would try a "normal" re-flash without Boot-Jumper. The Bootjumper is the last option.
Just have a look at http://www.wbo2.com/sw/hxf.htm
If your WBO2 unit is working under real rough electrical conditions it can be helpful to fit some additional capacitor to the +12V or the +5V line.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Thomas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tech Edge WBO2 Forum Forum Index -> 2C0 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: