Tech Edge WBO2 Forum Forum Index Tech Edge WBO2 Forum
For Tech Edge Wideband O2 Equipment

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA1 as a oil temp gauge?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim.duncan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: LA1 as a oil temp gauge? Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Can i configure the LA1 to read anything?

i like these inovate gauges and how they can flash with a warning and display other colours ect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aln9J2NtjA

but id rather all my gauges are the same

so could i buy 3 LA1 gauges and have them read

AFR
EGT
Oil pressure/temp
Water temp
Masi_K

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La1 can display every inputs what lets say 2AO has. It cannot read any sensors straight out. If you connect egt and those sensors to ecu, then it is possible to display them in la1. Limit is basically one value in the time. Two displays may work okay with data splitter.
Tim.duncan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool

thanks for the reply
Thomas
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I have done a similair conversion for a friend of mine a few years ago,
I set up a LD02 to display Boost, Oil Temp, EGT and Lambda.
But we used only one display and made it switchable as you have 4 views per display.
As Masi_K pointed out, the Wideband Unit will handover the data to the display.
That means, the Wideband-Unit sensor input will see a signal between 0V and 5V. A 6bit resolution will allow a resolution of 64 steps, i.e. the resolution is 0.078125Volt. What you will have to do is to program a "Lookup table" for your Display, that "translates" the voltage into an associated value to be shown on the display. IIRC each display offers two Lookup-Tables for free programming and one fixed LUT to display EGT.
Tim.duncan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome

is the look up table hard to set up ?

is it programming code? of in the soft ware

im not really up with the electronic sides of things but keen to learn
Thomas
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Quote:
m not really up with the electronic sides of things but keen to learn

Yes, same for me. Eletronics are no voodoo magic but base on a logical context. So you can figure it out by yourself, but it may be some try&error.
1st of all there is the official documentation that helped me a lot:
http://wbo2.com/sw/display_config_0136a.pdf
A helpful user programmed a tiny Java tool some years ago. It has not found its way to the wbo2 homepage (unfortunately), but you may have a look at it anyhow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgcir8pngcv8udy/LUTCGen.jar?dl=0
This allows you to simply generate such a table. Once finished, you have to put it into a plain txt file and upload into the Controller (mark the Table in the tool and simply copy&paste it into the txt file).
Finally (last but not least!) there is the "WBUTIL" utility in the latest version. As far as I know its GUI offers many opportunities to set up the display correctly. So the steps described above may be obsolete meanwhile. At the time when I set up a display to show multiple views, the WBUTIL version was not released yet so I had to do all steps manually. That's a bit of pain in the a... but finally you may be able to read your car's EGT and (as a positive side effect) have learned a bit about microelectronic and computer science Smile
DannoXYZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The really cool thing about these gauges is that they are digital. Much more accurate than the voltage-driven analogue gauges that Innovate uses.

Even though the Innovate gauges have a digital read-out, they accept a 5v analogue voltage as the input signal. This cause inaccuracies such as with the LC1, when the 12v reference-voltage varies. So even though the 5v signal may be steady, if the 12v reference-voltage chanes, such as you turning on lights or radio, the display will change its number!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tech Edge WBO2 Forum Forum Index -> LA1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: